Viridian Square, Aylesbury - UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Viridian Square, Aylesbury - UK

An open forum for residents, property owners, landlords, and tenants of Viridian Square, Aylesbury (Buckinghamshire, UK).

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Slamming doors, noisy / annoying

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
zoe_w

Slamming doors, noisy / annoying Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slamming doors, noisy / annoying   Slamming doors, noisy / annoying I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2011 1:36 pm

Hi - I'm not sure if anyone will see this reply...but - could anyone offer any help on this? Mine slams very loudly, and I think is also cracking the plasterwork, not to mention annoying when carrying lots of bags / heavy items and am aware probably annoying to those around me!

Thanks Smile

Zoe
Back to top Go down
chrisc

PostSubject: Re: Slamming doors, noisy / annoying   Slamming doors, noisy / annoying I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 4:20 am

Thanks admin, looks like I was lucky to get mine sorted at all by them then! I had also thought about doing them myself but wasnt sure if it was deemed as safe to fiddle with fire doors, but in hindsight since they were quite obviously fitted the opposite way to what is intended and still passed their checks, i neednt of worried!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Slamming doors, noisy / annoying   Slamming doors, noisy / annoying I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 23, 2010 4:08 am

For the benefit of the other blocks in Viridian Square, I thought I'd tell you a not very bedtime story.
In block B all the interior doors would start to close automatically in what appeared to be a slow and controlled manner. That was, until they got close to closing then they would 'drop' and SLAM so hard it was cracking the plaster, and sending such a vibration and shock through the building it could be heard all over. This was not only ridiculous but very disturbing and a real nuisance.

This was reported to Countrywide and Crest. The response was that it was not possible to do anything about it, because the arms were factory set and not adjustable. “So sorry, can't do anything about it.”

RUBBISH! We said. We insisted something was done. It wasn't. In the end, a fellow resident got fed up enough that he or she went round and adjusted all of them in block B to correct the problem.

In the end, everyone slept happily ever after.

The moral of the story is kids that the Crest / Countrywide collective didn't take responsibility for the fact they were not installed correctly. In fact, they either didn't know what they were doing, or didn't care (perhaps both).

IF THE FIRE DOORS ARE SLAMMING IN YOUR BLOCK - THEY SHOULD NOT BE, AND IT IS EASILY FIXED!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.stevenmunden.info/viridian
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Slamming doors, noisy / annoying   Slamming doors, noisy / annoying I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Slamming doors, noisy / annoying
Page 1 of 1