Viridian Square, Aylesbury - UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Viridian Square, Aylesbury - UK

An open forum for residents, property owners, landlords, and tenants of Viridian Square, Aylesbury (Buckinghamshire, UK).

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Maintenance issues at Viridian Square

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Maintenance issues at Viridian Square Empty
PostSubject: steps, grit, etc   Maintenance issues at Viridian Square I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 30, 2009 4:46 am

I see the steps are yet again starting to fall apart. It seems they come back occasionally to 'repair them' but they are very selective. Really they need completely re-doing from top to bottom using appropriate materials, rather than the Papier Mache or whatever they used to put them together in the first place. Else this will continue every winter.

I see they finally did put some grit down, but rather stingily.

So Countrywide say this is yet another 'optional extra'. What exactly IS included with the maintenance? I am sorry in that personally I cannot contribute to this discussion as much as I would like, as I only rent and so it's my landlords who deal with the maintenance billing and the agreements.

If I could, I'd love to see the actual contract agreement - that is - what does Countrywide promise in return for their fees? Are they actually keeping up their part of the agreement? I would be suprised.

I have no doubt at all that overall their communication and customer service is abysmal, and a quick Google on that confirms that.

I believe that the residents will, eventually get the option to manage ('right to manage') or to choose a different management company. I know little about this, but I believe it can't happen until the development is deemed 'complete', which I expect won't be till the end of 2010 at the earliest.

In the meantime it seems that folks are paying an incredible amount, for very little in return.
Back to top Go down
http://www.stevenmunden.info/viridian
Laura

PostSubject: update as of midday   Maintenance issues at Viridian Square I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 6:01 am

having finally made it home this morning, I have been on the phone to countrywide again, as the gritting had not been done as promised.

I got put through to Matt Watters who is one of the rudest men I have ever spoken to. he shouted at me on the phone and as near on hung up on me.

As always, they are pussing the buck. acccording to him, the pathways and road are not handed over to them from crest yet so they are only responsible for the steps, which i demanded to be sorted asap.

I found a guy outside putting grit on the steps and spoke to him. His boss Sean from countrywide told him to do the steps, so i had a li'l word with him and he said if he could, he will try and get more grit and at least do the corners of the road if he can get enough salt as he agreed its disgraceful. he is fully aware of some of the issues and has worked with countrywide from day 1 here and has agreed to pass on my concerns to his boss on the hope that something may actually be done.

and according to Matt, grit/salt etc is not included in the budget that we pay for so if we want it done then we need to pay extra for it!

according to the guy gritting, the reason the steps came off before is that they were not done properly first time and he was shocked at what a shoddy job had been done.

i dont suppose my moaning at Matt will sort anything but at least I've tried. All i can say is i've never been spoken to by a 'supplier' like that before and i think its disgraceful what an appaling job they are doing!!
Back to top Go down
Laura

PostSubject: Re: Maintenance issues at Viridian Square   Maintenance issues at Viridian Square I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 2:57 am

Hi guys

01162 548364 is the number of the countrywide office that deals with Viridian Square

Though i doubt anything has been done ( i couldnt even get home last night) hopefuly if a few people ring up someone may get off their lazy back side and do something.

I dont know how i'm meant to get to work again tomorrow if the ice hasnt cleared. my car is stuck in the underground car park as it cant get grip on the road at ours
Back to top Go down
Matt

PostSubject: Tel Number   Maintenance issues at Viridian Square I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 11:34 am

Hi - let us know what number you call. Although we only rent (and therefore don't have the same visibility into maintenance companies... charges etc), I'm more than happy to phone someone up and moan about the lack of grit! The more we moan, the more chance somebody out there might relent!
Back to top Go down
Laura

PostSubject: Re: Maintenance issues at Viridian Square   Maintenance issues at Viridian Square I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 7:31 am

i wrote and complained about all the points above, i will try and scan the letter i received back so you can see. totally fobbed off though.

anyone else annoyed by the lack of grit? aside from the fact 2 very kind guys helped me driving in on friday and i cant get out now, what about the state of the steps? i know there are elderly people living in the blocks, i wander how they have managed to get in and out of the door with the pavemtn and steps being so slippy. i nearly fell a few times at the weekend.

I called up today and I've been assured some grit will at least be put on the steps and paths today by the cleaners. i wont hold my breath!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Various issues   Maintenance issues at Viridian Square I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 3:37 pm

This is a collection of various issues neighbours have raised with me:

• Communal carpet in block B remains in poor condition.
  • Lack of cigarette bins (and thus increased litter)
  • Standard of regular cleaning (lift lobby on -1 often mentioned).
  • Graffiti
  • Leaking, inadequate mailboxes
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Street lights   Maintenance issues at Viridian Square I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 3:12 pm

I believe these are not on light sensors, but on timers (and perhaps not all on the same timer). There has been an issue with these being incorrect in the past. This should be mentioned to Countrywide.
Back to top Go down
Matt

PostSubject: Re: Maintenance issues at Viridian Square   Maintenance issues at Viridian Square I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 5:08 am

Hi - Does anyone know what is up with the street lights outside 'The Limes'? They do work (I've seen them on!) but they don't stay on and don't seem to come on when its dark... Having seen the post about the increase in car vandalism then a lack of lights isn't going to help the situation...
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Maintenance issues at Viridian Square   Maintenance issues at Viridian Square I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 4:13 pm

There continues to be many general maintenance issues around the square, some more serious than others. There seems to be a general feeling that Countrywide - the designated maintenance company, is unresponsive and slow in dealing with them.
Each resident I talk to has a different view on the issues they see and the problems they experience. Therefore I have added this topic so that anyone can add their issues. Perhaps if we can collaborate on these things we may have a better chance of organising and communicating them with Countrywide.

So please...add your comments here.

I'll make a start:

Numerous leaking waste pipes in the 'underground' car parks that have been problematic since the first build...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Maintenance issues at Viridian Square   Maintenance issues at Viridian Square I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Maintenance issues at Viridian Square
Page 1 of 1