Viridian Square, Aylesbury - UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Viridian Square, Aylesbury - UK

An open forum for residents, property owners, landlords, and tenants of Viridian Square, Aylesbury (Buckinghamshire, UK).

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Car parking problems

Go down 
+4
clarkeygirl
Admin
Mitch
mattbrand
8 posters
AuthorMessage
stevem

Car parking problems Empty
PostSubject: spaces   Car parking problems I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 2:33 pm

Haha lol...

Should we all get some pillars and walls fitted to our spaces ?
Back to top Go down
itty_bitty

itty_bitty

PostSubject: Re: Car parking problems   Car parking problems I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 2:26 pm

I have an aweful space - brick wall on one side, and a pillar on the other so it is a total hazard!

So far I've bumped my rear and scratched BOTH sides ... no one has stolen my space as yet! Laughing ... I doubt they are brave enough to risk the damage

Back to top Go down
katie m

PostSubject: cones   Car parking problems I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 18, 2010 3:53 pm

traffic cones - buy online £30 for 10 - anyone else want one???!!!

I wonder what countrywide will make of traffic cones marked with individual flat numbers in each space?
Back to top Go down
katie m

PostSubject: car parking   Car parking problems I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 18, 2010 3:46 pm

Sorry to rant, but i am sick of people nicking my space.

Like tonight i come back and yet again my space is gone. Each time i leave a note, but then someone different parks there!

The people who park there must be visiting others who live in Viridian Square.

Can i urge overyone who has visitors, to ask them to please park outside of the square, or at the very least not to nick private spaces.

I am considering theft at this moment in time (of a large traffic cone) and do as others have done in the square, and block my space with it when I go out.

Back to top Go down
stevem

PostSubject: parking   Car parking problems I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 14, 2010 9:08 am

This does seem to be a big problem, mainly because there is only one space per apartment which given I expect that the average flat probably has 1.5 cars - if you know what I mean. In addition to that, the numbering of the parking spaces is totally different to the flat numbers, so some neighbours don't even know (and some don't attempt to find out) what space belongs to them.

I too hardly ever get in to my own space, and thus get complaints from others where I have parked in their space as a result.

I would like to see the spaces properly marked with the flat numbers to make it clearer and reduce arguments.

But at the same time, I'd also like to see people being a bit more considerate. It is a problem for all of us, but there is simply no call for some of the incredibly over the top notes some folks leave on their neighbours cars, which are often very rude, and anonymous.

I'd suggest in the meantime, that leaving a *polite* notice on vehicles that are in your space (and why not write a generic one, print of lots of copies, keep them in your car glovebox) and put them on when to the offending vehicle when it happens. People will start to learn.

As for the contractors parking in our spaces, hopefully soon we will see the back of them.
Back to top Go down
rossco

PostSubject: Parking Problem   Car parking problems I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 06, 2010 3:30 am

Hi There,

Me and my girlfriend moved into the Firs block last Friday and are really happy with our new flat and the neighbour we have met so far have all been friendly. The only problem we have been having is parking. I know it may be partly down to the last bit of building work getting finished off and some spaces getting taken by builders vans but the dozen or so times we have used our car we have only been able to park in our space twice. It’s pretty frustrating as not only is it annoying that our space is taken but we have to be an inconvenience to someone else as we have to park in there space. One night I had to park the completely opposite side of the block as every single space was taken on the side our car would normally be.

Just want to know if anyone else has this problem more often than not and if anyone would know who would be the best person to contact as Crest Nicolson said it was nothing to do with them.

Regards,

Ross
Back to top Go down
katie m

PostSubject: re car parking   Car parking problems I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 1:25 am

Hi

I agree with all that has been said. Car parking is limited and it is best to get visitors to use the multistorey. It is free after 6.03pm and on sundays.

If there were visitors spaces i doubt there would be enough and they would probably be taken all the time by residents with two cars.

I often use spaces that i know aren't sold yet, and i would encourage people to leave (polite) notes if others are parked in their allocated space. I generally leave a note if someone is in my space as it is a problem if i have just come back from shopping etc. and i have no where to park.
Back to top Go down
clarkeygirl

PostSubject: Re: Car parking problems   Car parking problems I_icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 3:42 pm

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your reply. I'd guess this would be the case. Bit of a pain but I guess there's not much that can be done at present.

The points you'd like to raise once buildings are complete are good - especially awareness among residents. We all have to 'live together' so would make life easier if we could all work together to make parking etc run smoothly.

Kay
Back to top Go down
stevem

PostSubject: Where to park   Car parking problems I_icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 7:52 am

I'm afraid there is no great answer to this on-going issue of parking in the square. There is insufficient parking being only one space per flat. Add that to the fact there is also great confusion as to which spaces belong to which flats (would it have been genius to use the flat number as the parking bay number???) it's no wonder there is hassle.

My only advice at the moment is that there are still many empty flats in the square, so therefore logically there ARE unused spaces, but the only way to find them at the moment is to park in a space, see if there are complaints, if there are, move on and keep doing it until no one complains. Rubbish I know, but I don't know of any other way at the moment.

There are a few things I'd like to raise soon:

When the build is complete, Crest ought to consider putting signs up to make it clear which space is reserved for which flat.

Contacting the local council about getting a free or reduced price pass for the multi-storey car park next door.

Increasing awareness amongst the residents about the parking problem. I.E. use your own space. Don't post nasty and inappropriate letters on other folks cars (I mean, by all means leave a note, but some have been totally overboard which is upsetting for all concerned).

Perhaps others will have more suggestions. Do add them.

Best wishes,
Steve M (Admin)
Back to top Go down
clarkeygirl

PostSubject: Parking   Car parking problems I_icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 7:20 am

Hello to all residents of Viridian Square. I am moving in this weekend and would just like to say it's great you have a website for residents.

I have read other posts with interest and have just one further question myself.

If someone else is parked in your allocated space, what do you do? I know I could put a polite message on the car, but where do you park in the meantime? Especially when you have a young child and shopping bags in tow . . .

Thank you.

Kay
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Trains at Viridian Square   Car parking problems I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 20, 2010 12:43 pm

Hello: I am sorry this may well be quite a late reply.

In regards to the parking - yes indeed, there is no visitor parking. Fine at the moment due to lots of empty flats, but later on I am sure it will be a nightmare.

Re. trains - see:
https://viridiansquareayles.forumotion.co.uk/open-forum-f1/train-noise-and-fumes-t23.htm

Last edited by stevem on Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:29 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Split train topic from parking topic)
Back to top Go down
http://www.stevenmunden.info/viridian
Mitch

PostSubject: Re: Car parking problems   Car parking problems I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 6:25 am

With respect to visitor parking, I have a sneaky suspicion others are probably doing the same as I am, and that's using spaces for properties that have not been sold yet!

The other alternative is for visitors to park in the Walton Street car park (literally just next door) which I think is £4 for 24hrs.

I imagine once all the properties are sold parking will become much more of an issue.
Back to top Go down
mattbrand

PostSubject: Car parking problems   Car parking problems I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 11:02 am

I am a prospective buyer of a flat at Viridian Square.

Given that each owner has 1 allocated parking space, please can you let me know how you solve the problem of visitor parking?

Also, I am looking at flats at the shared ownership section. How affected do you think/know these flats are affected by the main train line?

Thanks in advance.

Matt

Last edited by stevem on Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:56 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Adjusted title for clarity)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Car parking problems   Car parking problems I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Car parking problems
Page 1 of 1