Viridian Square, Aylesbury - UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Viridian Square, Aylesbury - UK

An open forum for residents, property owners, landlords, and tenants of Viridian Square, Aylesbury (Buckinghamshire, UK).

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Parking Permits and clamping

Go down 
+18
Laura
daw
rossco
Jaq
Emma
amanda
kellyl
chrisc
taurito
A & M
itty_bitty
GaryW
ConradSJ
Loo1
clarkeygirl
chris01
stevem
cohiba
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
chris01

Parking Permits and clamping Empty
PostSubject: Re: Parking Permits and clamping   Parking Permits and clamping I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 7:30 am

Hi Steve and chris,

Yes the whole thing does indeed smell very fishy.It would have been nice if the residents had been consulted over this.But then again why should they change the habit of a lifetime.It seeme that they are more than willing to take our money but dont give a damn about our input or opinion.It would be intresting to see how much better another management company would do.

chris
Back to top Go down
stevem

PostSubject: Countrywide's statement   Parking Permits and clamping I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 12:45 pm

Yes Chris, I thought I'd quote their exact words, but it does leave a lot of questions. As far as I am aware, Crest are the developers who built the place, so why they would be telling the management company how to treat the residents I have no idea.

Secondly, earlier Countrywide said they were taking orders not from Crest, but from 'Viridian Square (Aylesbury) Management Ltd", who are based at the exact same place as Countrywide.

So it seems Countrywide pretty much just do whatever anyone tells them (apart from the residents).

I think it's very fishy indeed, and certainly needs investigation.
Back to top Go down
chrisc

PostSubject: Re: Parking Permits and clamping   Parking Permits and clamping I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 11:11 am

Cheers Steve, still trying to figure out if i've read that right.... So crest can pretty much instruct countrywide to do as they please as in their eyes we are essentialy "renting" our properties, but they will allow us the pleasure of paying for said instructions? Am I reading that right? If so would changing our management company actually be permitted by crest?
Back to top Go down
stevem

PostSubject: statement from Countrywide   Parking Permits and clamping I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 5:39 am

I asked Countrywide for a statement that I could share with you to clear up confusion regarding the issue of clamping, parking permits etc. Here is that statement:

Quote :

• Leaseholders were not consulted as we take instructions from the freeholder and the directors of the management company in this case both being Crest Nicholson, who requested that clamping being instructed at the scheme.
  • Clamping will commence as of the first week in December the delay being caused due to absent landlords not having distributed permits to there tenants prior to the initial commencement date.

Kind regards

Matt Watters Bsc (Hons) M.I.R.P.M.

Senior Property Manager , Estate Management [Countrywide]

48 Granby Street, Leicester,LE1 1DH
Back to top Go down
stevem

PostSubject: clamping   Parking Permits and clamping I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 4:59 am

Clamping and parking monitoring has not yet started. Countrywide said a couple of weeks ago that it would actually start in the next few weeks. Originally they said 1st November. They are giving different people different information in response to questions asked regarding this topic.

I believe that either they are delaying, or they have no real intention of paying for what would be an expensive service and are just scaremongering to help deal with the immediate issue.

The company they have used (http://www.thewheelclampingcompany.co.uk/) states on their site:

"DETERRENT. We warn off would be rogue parkers with the use of clear and concise signage that show the rules on the site and the risk of their actions should they ignore them. In the region of 80% of our sites do not need a regular patrol once the warning signage is in place."

So it maybe that Countrywide are rather trying to avoid actually clamping and monitoring the car park to avoid the obvious cost (which would presumably be passed on to the residents).

But as know one knows for sure, then everyone must remain vigilant and adhere to the parking rules, in case one morning suddenly the clampers actually turn up. Thus, the worst of the problems are under control anyway.

The other issue is that come the New Year, it is highly likely that clamping on private land will no longer be legal. However, they will of course still be able to issue fines, etc.
Back to top Go down
daw

PostSubject: Re: Parking Permits and clamping   Parking Permits and clamping I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 3:52 pm

Has anyone actually seen any parking attendents? has anyone been clamped or seen someone being clamped?

People are still parking in the semi circle and on the curbs.
Back to top Go down
katie m

PostSubject: Parking problems and permits for 2nd cars   Parking Permits and clamping I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 7:39 am

I agree parking was getting very bad, and it is nice not to have cars parked everywhere, but the clamping signs are menacing!

I found this on AVDC website and if other residents need a parking space for a second car then it might be worth getting a permit for Walton Street Car Park.

Regular user car park permits
If you are a regular user of car parks in Aylesbury you may find it financially advantageous to buy an annual car park permit. Permits are available for four different groups of car parks. Traders and retailers permits are also available. Our permit prices and groups are changing from the 1st April 2007 and will be as listed, in the table below:

Annual Permits for Different Group Car Parks
Group Number
Designated Car Parks
Cost of Permit
Group 1
All car parks (except Hale St & Canalside Extension & Walton Street)
£1,400
Group 2
Exchange Street, Canalside Rear, Whitehall Street, Coopers Yard
£900
Group 3
Friarscroft, Walton Green
£600
Group 3a
Walton Street Only
£600
Group 4*
Friarscroft, Walton Green, Hampden House
£700
Group 5* (5 day workers permit)
Friarscroft, Walton Green, Hampden House
£583
Group 5a (5 day workers permit)
Walton Street Only
£583

http://www.aylesburyvaledc.gov.uk/transport-streets/parking/parking-permits/regular-user-car-park-permits/
Back to top Go down
ConradSJ

PostSubject: Re: Parking Permits and clamping   Parking Permits and clamping I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2010 12:54 pm

stephenb wrote:
the ticket machine in walton street car park is broken and has charged me £4 two nights on the trot despite parking after 6.31pm and leaving before 8am, the signs around the car park clearly state that the charge should be £1 for evening parking.

I have contacted the council today (01296 585381) and they have suggested I send them receipts for the parking and they will look to offer me a refund of the charge

Hi Stephen (and others who use Walton Street car park),

If you have problems with the car park use the following number:

Walton Street Car Park Emergencies (e.g. Fire Alarms ringing or boy-racers/vandalism)
Telephone AVDC - 01296 58 58 58, then press Option 2. The phone is answered 24/7.

Regards,

Ps. If anyone else has useful contact numbers for residents, please add them to: https://viridiansquareayles.forumotion.co.uk/open-forum-f1/useful-contact-details-t63.htm
Back to top Go down
pkirkup

PostSubject: Re: Parking Permits and clamping   Parking Permits and clamping I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 10:17 am

Hi all - I've just moved into the Brunswick properties and spoke to my landlord yesterday regarding my parking permit, which i'm yet to recieve. They spoke to the management company who have informed them that clamping will not commence for another week.

Thought you'd all like to know, and look forward to my future in Viridian Square.
Back to top Go down
stephenb

PostSubject: Re: Parking Permits and clamping   Parking Permits and clamping I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 8:03 am

the ticket machine in walton street car park is broken and has charged me £4 two nights on the trot despite parking after 6.31pm and leaving before 8am, the signs around the car park clearly state that the charge should be £1 for evening parking.

I have contacted the council today (01296 585381) and they have suggested I send them receipts for the parking and they will look to offer me a refund of the charge
Back to top Go down
mrbumble2468

PostSubject: Transfer of Permits   Parking Permits and clamping I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 5:03 pm

Laura wrote:
I'm intrigued to know when the clampers are likely to be patrolling as surely the problem times (which generally is weekends and evenings? correct me if i'm wrong) would be a lot more costly to pay someone to be looking around at these times.

Any more news about putting the reg plate on the sticker? As if i'm going out for the day and want to take my car but put say my dad's car in my spot, technically he would get clamped as its not his space and has no ticket if they are not transferable?

Any what about the fact that one of my neighbours is kind enough to let me use their space sometimes. I have their permission but would still get clamped? As I cant expect to ask to borrow a ticket everytime.

As much as the parking is a bit of a nightmare, I disagree with this whole situation and particularly if this is going to increase are already extortionate service charge!

I rang Countrywide to get more information about this. I was told that the Car Registration does not need to be on the Permit, only the Bay No needs to be identified.
This then allows transfer of the permit between any number of cars, be they visiting friends/relatives, 2nd cars, different Company Cars etc. 2nd permits will not be issued, there is only 1 Parking Bay per property, so whoever decides to use it can park in the Bay without fear of being clamped if the relevant permit with correct Bay No is displayed. If you were using your neighbour's space, you would need to display their ticket with Parking Permit displayed to avoid clamping. But this only allows for one car to be parked in one allocated space at any given time. Any others will need to be parked elsewhere.
Back to top Go down
itty_bitty

itty_bitty

PostSubject: Re: Parking Permits and clamping   Parking Permits and clamping I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 4:14 pm

I feel for all you guys who have to find alternative parking as your options aren't great....BUT... the parking does seem to have got better and the square is quieter

Before, when people parked on the curbs, there is no way a fire engine / appliance could get around the square (well, it could smash the cars aside I suppose!)

And in the dark, the curb parkers can be a bit of an optical illusion and look as if they are further away than they actually are

Maybe we should all get jobs in London, commute on the train and sell our cars!

That's my plan anyways! - I'll let you know when my space is empty...

What is the going rate of renting a space out do you all reckon?
Back to top Go down
stephenb

PostSubject: Re: Parking Permits and clamping   Parking Permits and clamping I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 01, 2010 4:17 pm

i have phoned the number on the signs, the voice recording states that they are open for business from 9-5, is that a highlight of when they will actually patrol? surely they cannot issue you with a ticket at 7pm if they are not contactable to come and release the car.

also, you may wish to read the following, many people believe that they use scare tactics to get you to pay however when pushed they don't follow through

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?38872-Private-Parking-Charge-Notice-Wheel-clamping.co.uk&p=305473&viewfull=1
Back to top Go down
stephenb

PostSubject: Re: Parking Permits and clamping   Parking Permits and clamping I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 01, 2010 4:03 pm

i think the parking permits are yet another failure on the part of crest and countrywide.

my girlfriend works evenings and i get home after she leaves, i now have to park in the car park next door because we cannot transfer the permit over.

i didn't mind this when I thought parking would be free in the evening and on sundays however this evening i have come home from work, parked next door, had my dinner and then had to go out, this cost me £1, then when i came back and had to pop to tesco i had to pay another £1, tomorrow when i get my car to leave for work it will cost me an additional £1. £3 for a night!!! let alone the cost of parking there on a saturday.

i welcome the clampers into the square, i can't imagine they'll enjoy the experience
Back to top Go down
Laura

PostSubject: Re: Parking Permits and clamping   Parking Permits and clamping I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 01, 2010 1:02 pm

I'm intrigued to know when the clampers are likely to be patrolling as surely the problem times (which generally is weekends and evenings? correct me if i'm wrong) would be a lot more costly to pay someone to be looking around at these times.

Any more news about putting the reg plate on the sticker? As if i'm going out for the day and want to take my car but put say my dad's car in my spot, technically he would get clamped as its not his space and has no ticket if they are not transferable?

Any what about the fact that one of my neighbours is kind enough to let me use their space sometimes. I have their permission but would still get clamped? As I cant expect to ask to borrow a ticket everytime.

As much as the parking is a bit of a nightmare, I disagree with this whole situation and particularly if this is going to increase are already extortionate service charge!
Back to top Go down
daw

PostSubject: Parking Permits and clamping   Parking Permits and clamping I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 01, 2010 2:54 am

I was up early this morning and noticed a distinct lack of permits on many cars. About 50:50.

We have 2 cars for our flat and were wondering if the parking enforcement company clamp if there is no permit but you are in your own space? As we may want to swap cars around. Or can we get a 2nd permit.

In reference to the clampers being banned; this is true, as of the 1st of January (if the Freedom Bill is passed) they are not allowed to clamp your car. However they can still put a ticket on it, therefore I can only assume they will be trying to ticket even more, in an attempt to raise funds! But these tickets do not have no official enforcement – if they want to get your money they would have to take you to court.

In regards to the multi storey, I have to say that the £1 charge can only be a good thing, for a safety aspect at least. When I have parked up in there during the night there has been lots of young drivers in sporty ‘looking’ hatchbacks (Chavs). I presume that the charge is an attempt to put them off and going somewhere else instead. I’m happy to pay £1 for a night to stop them hanging around my car (if it works!).

As for a permit for the multi-storey, £500 per year is too steep. For me, it is cheaper just to pay the ticket per entry/exit.

Also, for a bit more of multi-storey community safety, can I suggest that we all park on the 1st level and keep an eye out for each other’s cars. Possibly set something up so that we know who’s car is who’s if there is a problem?

Obviously, if there is anyone with a spare space then I’d happily take it off their hands, compensation included of course. Or if you know anyone with a space, a finder’s fee can be arranged ;-) Just PM me.
Back to top Go down
rossco

PostSubject: Re: Parking Permits and clamping   Parking Permits and clamping I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 31, 2010 4:33 pm

I dont have my permit yet!!! When did everyone get them? Im renting so could it of been sent to my landlord? Does anyone else have this problem?
Back to top Go down
chrisc

PostSubject: Re: Parking Permits and clamping   Parking Permits and clamping I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 31, 2010 12:30 pm

HA! Theres a suprise!
Back to top Go down
stevem

PostSubject: Multiple cars   Parking Permits and clamping I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 31, 2010 12:07 pm

I have been told, though unofficially, that one doesn't need to enter the registration into the permit.

This is also an issue for landlords, because if their tenants wrote their reg's onto the permit, then they would need to get a new permit every time they had a new tenant. The clamping company aren't keen on offering replacements...
Back to top Go down
chrisc

PostSubject: Re: Parking Permits and clamping   Parking Permits and clamping I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 31, 2010 12:01 pm

Hadn't thought of this issue originally, dont know if its gonna affect anyone else or if someones already enquired - i have a company car and often the cars get swapped with other colleagues if they need a bigger car etc, obviously i cant stick a sticker in every car since we were only supplied with 1. This is also going to affect people with a courtesy car etc.
Back to top Go down
stevem

PostSubject: Clamping starts 1st November   Parking Permits and clamping I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 31, 2010 10:47 am

Hey folks, don't forget the rumour is that actual clamping starts in the square Monday 1st November - that's tomorrow.

It may all just be scaremongering to try and clear up the parking issue, but nonetheless I wouldn't wish clamping on anyone.

Nonetheless make sure you have your permits displayed and are in the right parking bay. If they really are clamping tomorrow, it could be a field day for them.
Back to top Go down
stevem

PostSubject: parking / permits   Parking Permits and clamping I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 29, 2010 3:37 am

I have finally received my 'permit', and I have seen a copy of the letter from Countrywide that confirms clamping will commence from 1st November (and presumably cease in a couple of months when it is no longer legal).

Be sure you all have your permit in your window above your tax disc and that permit has your parking bay number written on it.

Remember - your parking bay number MAY NOT NECESSARILY be the same as your flat number, or your plot number. In fact, all three can be different. If you are in any doubt as to which bay belongs to your property, check your deeds if you own, or with your landlord if you rent.

If you have not received your permit, then urgently contact Countrywide if you own, or contact your landlord if you rent.

Good luck!
Back to top Go down
Loo1

PostSubject: Re: Parking Permits and clamping   Parking Permits and clamping I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 28, 2010 4:09 pm

Thanks jaq - what a shocker - not unusual that the council would also cash in - I've had to give in and buy a permit - there's no other alternative really just leaves me £50 out of pocket every month - but works out cheaper then paying a £1 every night and then on days off paying £4 etc... Something needs to be negotiated - and I've been watching people blatentley just steal peoples spaces - there's some culprits in my block where I've seen their 2nd car in a different space every day over the last week! This is what the clampings good for - and being guilty of curb parking also - it seems the 1st November may be abit of a massacre !!
Back to top Go down
Jaq

PostSubject: Re: Parking Permits and clamping   Parking Permits and clamping I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 10:38 am

I don't know if any of you have heard the news that AVDC are going to start charging £1 to park from 6:30pm in it's car parks (apart from the Civic Centre but then that's being demolished after Christmas anyway!). This also, co-incidentally, comes into effect from 1 November.

For more information then click here.

Jaq
Back to top Go down
stevem

PostSubject: parking   Parking Permits and clamping I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 5:33 am

Hey Emma,

I have sent you a private message re. someone who may let you their space.

When you say you offered to buy their space, did you mean buy or did you mean rent? I can understand someone not wanting to enter into a permanent agreement, perhaps if you pitch the proposal as a monthly arrangement it may be easier for the other party to swallow?

There is a shortage of spaces, but there ARE just a few folks who do not own cars - not many - and they come and go.

Good luck!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Parking Permits and clamping   Parking Permits and clamping I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Parking Permits and clamping
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next