Viridian Square, Aylesbury - UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Viridian Square, Aylesbury - UK

An open forum for residents, property owners, landlords, and tenants of Viridian Square, Aylesbury (Buckinghamshire, UK).

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Important clamping information

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
chris01

Important clamping information Empty
PostSubject: Re: Important clamping information   Important clamping information I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2011 9:15 am

Hi All,

It is now becoming clear that some residents do not have any intention of listening to warnings about the clampers.I have seen that this weekend yet again some residents have had visitors park in the semicircle and that they have even themselves parked there.I think if this is how some residents are going to act then it might be a good idea to keep the clamping company on site.I have had a number of residents make complaints to myself about why certain people think they can do what they like and park where they please.If you continue to park there then you will have your car clamped,you have had plenty of warning.
Back to top Go down
chris01

PostSubject: Re: Important clamping information   Important clamping information I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 12:40 pm

To Zoe and loo,

I couldn't have said it better loo.Although i agree that it is bad that we have no visitor parking here we just have to accept the way it is.The clampers wouldn't be needed if certain residents didn't have the opinion that they can do what they like.I have heard residents shouting down to friends in cars that they should park where they like.We can't accept this selfishness.Sadly is we got avdc to monitor the parking its those selfish resident who would take advantage.

Before the clampers were contracted the parking here was stupid.People would park their cars here and then catch the train to work so your space had another car in it for up to 10 hours.I also happen the know that the car that was towed does have a permit and in fact the owner has 2 cars but parks in the semicircle all the time despite the warnings.

If the paking problems are to improve then we all have to work together.

Back to top Go down
Loo1

PostSubject: Re: Important clamping information   Important clamping information I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 10:24 am

For Zoe_w I think you need to understand what the semi circle is for.... It is for emergency vehicles to manoeuvre and to access and so in people parking there it is a health and safety issue for everyone who lives at Viridian Square.

Also because today is Sunday there is a perfectly good car park next door for people to park in for free so no sympathy for them!

I think the clamping maybe a bit ott at times but it is an improvement to what it was before when there was no control and members of the public were parking anywhere!!

At the end of the day everyone knows the rules play by them and it won't cost you!!

Back to top Go down
zoe_w

PostSubject: Re: Important clamping information   Important clamping information I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 8:25 am

Hi all,

I am currently watching the clamping company take a car away. I personally do not see any reason for why there should be a problem with a car parking in the semi-circular space by the path through the 'courtyard' / 'garden'. There is only 1 car here, and in total probably space for 3 cars.

I think it is unfair that there is no visitor parking in the sqaure at all, and 3 spaces is nothing in itself, but if people cannot visit and park here I think it is out of order. ( I understand overnight parking is different matter)

I understand people may get annoyed with people parking in their own spaces, but especially on a day like today when half the carpark is empty it shouldnt be a problem. I'm assuming this car also has no permit, but if it did, there shouldnt be an issue with someone parking there.

I think clamping is a stupid way of another company making more money unnecessarily and that if people are left to their own devices it would be fine. Obviously I wasnt here before the clampers were requested, but if someone is parked in your space, they are unlikley to be there that long, so just park up somewhere until they move, its not the end of the world.

I am also disgusted at the way the clampers have been 'lying in wait' for people. There has been a white van sat in space 19 (so also using someones space) for the past 4 hours at least. I saw them sat around in the van earlier but didnt realise what they were doing, until they clamped a car, and then obviously called the guy with the truck to come and get it.

Surely there is some other way to deal with parking problems - not that I have even noticed any! - ??

Clamping should only be necessary when there is a car parked in such a way that it puts health + safety at risk. A few visitor cars parked around shouldn't be considered an issue!

Rant over....! (Sorry the clampers just really riled me)
Back to top Go down
chris01

PostSubject: Important clamping information   Important clamping information I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2011 5:01 am

To All Residents,

Some of you may have seen that we were visited by the clamping company again this morning.It looks as though they got a few cars.

It has been bought to our attention that some residents are under the impression that the clamping company have had their contract terminated by us.This is not true.For those residents who came to the meetings you will remember that it was said that we are hoping that the clamping company will have their contract terminated when Countrywides ties with Viridian square are severed at the end of this month.However it seems that some residents think that they can go back to parking where they like.If residents don't respect the parking rules in place here then we will have no choice but to keep the clamping company on site.

Please do not listen to rumers.If and when anything inportant happens residents will be told at the meetings,by letters on the notice board or on this site.

If anyone has any questions then please do not hesitate to contact me on here.

chris
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Important clamping information   Important clamping information I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Important clamping information
Page 1 of 1