Viridian Square, Aylesbury - UK
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Viridian Square, Aylesbury - UK

An open forum for residents, property owners, landlords, and tenants of Viridian Square, Aylesbury (Buckinghamshire, UK).

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Clamping In Progress!!

Go down 
+6
Laura
katie m
chris01
schnuff
stephenb
taurito
10 posters
AuthorMessage
ConradSJ

Clamping In Progress!! Empty
PostSubject: Clamping in progress!!   Clamping In Progress!! I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 10:50 am

Hi Chris,

I've done the shift patterns, so I sympathise with the early starts.

Perhaps we should ask them to just take the cars of the unruly bunch to the compound/breakers yard - preferably with them inside!

On a serious note, I do recommend that people contact David Lidington - MP's are required to take our views into account when creating/changing laws... it has worked in the past.

Rgds,
Conrad
Back to top Go down
chris01

PostSubject: Hi conrad   Clamping In Progress!! I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 6:21 am

Hi conrad,

thanks for the very detailed coments.Looking back at my posting i realise that it was a bit harsh.The reason for that is that as a result of my job i have to be up at 5am so when i have a day off i like to make the most of it.The times that the clampers have been here it has fallen on my day off and i have been woken at 4am so as you can imagine i was not happy to be woken up by them when i wanted to lay in bed a bit,lol.However i did watch them and feel that some of their tactics were nasty.heres an example.An elderly lady drove into the square to drop of an elderly friend who had difficulty walking,she helped her friends up to the flat and as soon as she was in the front doors the clampers clamped her car.she came out moments later.I just felt that it was nasty of them to do that.i am glad we do have restrictions in place and it has certainly made life a lot easier.perhaps i could phone them and see if they would come and clamp the cars of people who have loud partys and make lots of noise,lol.
Back to top Go down
ConradSJ

PostSubject: Clamping in progress!!   Clamping In Progress!! I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 2:10 am

Chris01,

You recently posted remarks about the clampers, which is unwarranted - particularly in the historical context of the parking problems faced by a large number of residents prior to the clamping system being brought in to Viridian Square.

You also stated, "they were again making more money from us." How so? I have been parking in my space since moving into the square last year, and have been displaying my residents permit in the windscreen as per the (straight forward) instructions provided. They have not clamped me since November 1st - would that be because I don't break the regulations or do you presume that these clampers have personal vendetta against specific cars/individuals?

If you read back through this blog concerning the complaints many people had about their spaces being taken and cars beeing parked in all manner of places - some blocking / narrowing the roads around the square, then you would understand that the clamping became - and remains - necessary.

Just as it is unacceptable for certain residents to hold parties that disturb the lives of others, it is unacceptable for people to park dangerously/inconsiderately - irrespective of the time of day or night!

"I am all for clamping cars that dont belong here but i bet they have clamped a lot of cars that do belong here." I'm glad to hear it, but we must trust the clampers to do their job properly - and challenge them when not... I know that have they made some errors in the past, but often because people didn't follow the instructions properly.

"Thjis behavoir is disgusting and it feels like we are living in a prison." Surely, the unruly party fanatics are more deserving of this expression?

Finally, in answer to StephG's question about the change to the law: I don't know exactly what it will mean for us - if anyone has had time to review the proposal please let us know... if anything, everyone here should be very concerned about losing the right to protect our parking by clamping because many town shoppers/theatre go-ers and other workers who used our ("free") parking instead of paying the minimal parking fee for the Walton Street Car park will do so again and then the problems many experienced prior to November will be back with a vengeance.

If you are concerned about losing this protection of your parking space, please write to our MP, email: davidlidingtonmp@parliament.uk
or write to:
David Lidington,
House of Commons
London
SW1A 0AA
Back to top Go down
StephG

PostSubject: Re: Clamping In Progress!!   Clamping In Progress!! I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 5:11 am

I have read that clamping on private land will soon be illegal. Does this mean that clamping will stop on Viridian Square?
Back to top Go down
chris01

PostSubject: Clamping again   Clamping In Progress!! I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 6:19 am

Hi all,I was woken up at 4.30 am this morning by the clampers making a hell of a noise and with their lights flashing and they were again making more money from us.These people may be just doing a job but they are scum.I saw them clamp a car that 2 young people had parked as they ran into a flat for something.they were gone only a few minuets but they still clamped them.theses people are just vile in my eyes.At this very moment they have got into a blue mg and are in the process of towing it and the seem to having a great laugh about it.I am all for clamping cars that dont belong here but i bet they have clamped a lot of cars that do belong here.Thjis behavoir is disgusting and it feels like we are living in a prison.
Back to top Go down
Jaq

PostSubject: Re: Clamping In Progress!!   Clamping In Progress!! I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 1:38 pm

Kieran,

The permits were sent out in late October to begin clamping on 1st November however this date was then pushed back to allow tenants to receive their permits.

If you rent your flat then the permit should have been sent to your landlord in October.

Jaq
Back to top Go down
Kieran

PostSubject: Re: Clamping In Progress!!   Clamping In Progress!! I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 8:57 am

Well this is annoying.

I never received a parking permit, have not heard anything about where to even get one (no letters or anything), and my car was clamped today. My landlady knows absolutely nothing about it either.

Will have to pay 90 quid to get it unclamped because I have to go somewhere tomorrow.

Sure, I saw the signs, but there was never any mention of where you're even supposed to go to get a permit, when did people get theirs?

Block A if it matters. I've just come back from holiday too, did everyone hear about it during last week because that might be why I've heard nothing.
Back to top Go down
Laura

PostSubject: Re: Clamping In Progress!!   Clamping In Progress!! I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 2:21 pm

I wonder how legit they are

When i left home at 6 this mornin there were 2 white vans parked the other side of our entrance gates looking rather suspicious so I assume its them.

Certainly didnt look very professional......just like the horrible notices around!

As much as parking can be a pain with people parking on the grass which is unsightly and taking others spots, i dislike the signs more and the concept of clamping when polite neighbours would allow you their space yet now even that cant happen!

I'd like to know how much this will be costing us when we didnt agree to it
Back to top Go down
katie m

PostSubject: Re: Clamping In Progress!!   Clamping In Progress!! I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 10:44 am

how can they clamp you with a permit displayed? That's really unfair. Can you appeal?

I am ok with them clamping people who are not in spaces or those without permits, but if you have a permit on display and you are in a space that that is totally unacceptable!

i saw 4 cars clamped this am all by the grass nearest the shared ownership block.

And i saw the clampers at 7.30am who looked like they were having a little party under the Furs!
Back to top Go down
chris01

PostSubject: Re: Clamping In Progress!!   Clamping In Progress!! I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 8:29 am

As i was getting ready for work this morning at 5.15 i heard the clampers and when i looked outside saw them clamping loads of cars.We have had plenty of warning that this was going to happen but they have been clamping cars that were on the lines.This afternoon a group of elderly women parked in the car park and were just going to a flat and the clamping guys pounced on the car and clamped it before the womed had even taken their coats off.They have been here all day driving round the car park looking for victims.they look like really delightful characters and even made the poor elderly women pay to get her car unclamped.Everyone should be really careful because it seems they will clamp you for the slightest thing.
Back to top Go down
schnuff

PostSubject: Re: Clamping In Progress!!   Clamping In Progress!! I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 7:14 am

they did clamp you despite having a permit being displayed ?
Back to top Go down
stephenb

PostSubject: Re: Clamping In Progress!!   Clamping In Progress!! I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 4:12 am

i was clamped this morning despite providing my permit. £90 down the drain.

they said they are coming next week too.

fun fun fun
Back to top Go down
taurito

PostSubject: Clamping In Progress!!   Clamping In Progress!! I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2010 10:44 pm

Good morning!

It's 5:40 am Friday morning and I have just watched loads of cars getting clamped this morning on the square. Heard a strange noise outside my window at 5:10 am and looked out. Lots of men running about with cameras, flashing lights and the dreaded yellow clamps in hand. Wondered how long it would take before they would make an appearance. Well folks it happened. Guess many folks will wake up with a surprise this morning as I don't think this has happened down here in ages.

Last edited by taurito on Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Clamping In Progress!!   Clamping In Progress!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Clamping In Progress!!
Page 1 of 1